A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, July 09, 2004

No more work for a day or two

I will resist the urge to whinge about the fact our advertising sales team have been jetted off on a jolly to Portugal while us poor shopfloor types, the ones who make sure the gaps between the ads are filled with news and pictures, get … umm … we get …to come in, do lots of hard work and get verbally abused by our ‘superiors’.

Or, if you are Jewish, you get the rare honour of constantly being ‘teased’ about being a Palestinian-killing, wall-building, mega-buck princess by the deputy night news editor!

So I will not whine about these things and I will enjoy the wonderful weekend ahead.

Meanwhile, the Other Half has spent his day winning tickets to the Grand Prix at Silverstone for selling lots of paperclips and other office sundries. (It’s all go in sales. Perhaps I should change jobs.)

He has also been bothering councillors up north about their anti-vandal website, which, quite frankly looks like an open challenge to any little tyke with a spray can.

He said: "I rang them (pretending I thought they were promoting graffiti)to ask if they were giving out free sprays but the woman just said she'd get someone to call me back. She was probably his wife."

1 Comments:

  • At 5:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I must point out that I don't verbally abuse Tracey, and I'm not really superior, much as I'd like to think I am. In fact she gets away with murder! National Service and a hair cut, that's what she needs! - Pete

     

Post a Comment

<< Home