A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, June 25, 2004

Football’s coming home

So, Sven’s men are packing their bags, Shrek has a broken metatarsal and my Other Half has a new mantra: ‘There’s always the World Cup in two years’.

Poor old Rooney. Rumour has it he was taken to the same Lisbon hospital where I spent the day lying on a trolley - the same day as England v France. My back totally locked up so I could neither sit, nor stand, and I had to be taken there by ambulance.

The x-ray room was in what could have been a converted Medieval monastery, with high, arched ceilings. The x-ray machine looked like it was built in the same era.

Two huge injections in the arse and four hours later, I was limping back into my hotel room to watch the game on the telly.

The Other Half looked after me brilliantly despite the fact he had a ticket to the match and was forced to miss the first 20 minutes as his cabbie battled with the traffic.

But what a week. It started with tickets to England v Croatia in Lisbon and will end tonight with tickets to see Morrissey in London Town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home