A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

And finally

It’s a bit of a slow news day in Wye world so I thought I’d reveal to you one of my pet interests.

Huw Edwards’ ties.

The BBC’s 10 O’Clock News presenter has the most fascinating collection of neckwear ever seen.

As he calmly informs us of deaths in the Middle East, famine in parched desert lands and the demise of our public services, I can’t help but wonder if he has a special cupboard at home for his rainbow collection of ties.

Or maybe he has one of those electric tie racks which rotate. Maybe it has a random setting, like a multi-disc CD player, because without fail the cravate du jour always, always clashes with his suit and shirt.

He has no fear in mixing checks with strips or spots or big blocky patterns. Bold cerises will be mixed with yellow shirts. And I am sure he never wears the same one twice.

Not since Fred's Weathermap and Russell Grant's jumpers has a TV fella’s clothes been so compelling.

Some more examples of masterly tie wearing:
Lesser blue spotted
Strangely patterned
Red spotted
Pink!

1 Comments:

  • At 2:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I like Huw's ties! Very tasteful and modern, and not at all pandering to that dreadful modish habit of not wearing a tie while you're discussing heavyweight politics on TV, as if that's going to draw the youthful punters in!

    I hope he wears some of these:

    http://www.tiedeals.com/duchamp_ties/duchamp_ties.htm

     

Post a Comment

<< Home