A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Thursday, July 15, 2004

Impress your friends

While shopping in Rotherhithe Tesco for picnic stuff for tonight's Simon and Garfunkel concert in Hyde Park, I noticed an extraordinarily fat woman with two chubster kids.

Now, I know one shouldn't judge others, particularly the overweight, but did she really think putting seven Muller jaffa cake corner ‘yoghurts’, litres of sugar-based drinks and NINE super-size (ten inch) sausage rolls in her basket was the way forward?

So instead of judging people, try this mind reading trick: ask someone to draw something outside of the room you are in so you can guess what it is.

Say these exact words (but not the words in brackets!): "Draw something not in the office (or wherever you happen to be) a person, vehicle, building. Make a sketch of it. (give them a short time to draw) Done?"

Create an atmosphere where they have to draw it quick and the chances are they will have drawn a car or van or bus. You can then say something along the lines of: "I see two circles, they are joined by a line … is it … is it a vehicle?"

Try it and email me with your results, and we can see if it works! I managed to impress one guy in the office today with my marvellous mystical skills.

Another great game to play is Scissors, paper, Stone with Saddam Hussein

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home