A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, June 03, 2005

Hen part two

When we were all ready, we left the spa to get a 'taxi' - well it was the biggest minicab I ever did see in that it was a white chavmobile, I mean stretched limo!

Inside was all leather seats, champagne flutes and Asti Spumanti! How fun! Manufactured pop on the stero and sickly-sweet bubbly as we drove through London Town past all the sights - Hyde Park, the anti-war one-man protest in Parliament Square, the Embankment, Covent Garden and on to Soho.

We all piled out at La Floridita - a Cuban restaurant in Wardour Street. It was lovely. It was so fantastic. We had our own private dining room at the back of the restaurant and a dedicated waiter just for us!

Some more people joined us at this point for the dinner and dancing - Alex, Kate, Bellen, Penny and Nikki.

We had a tasty feast (no Moros y Cristianos however!) and a good selection of drinks.

After the food was finished, the girls presented me with a very special book, which they had made themselves. It had a fuschia pink lacquered cover (only slightly chewed by Jenny's puppy) and black pages filled with messages and embarrassing photos they had dug up from the past. My cousin had some very shocking items to contribute from when we had our teenage bubble perms!

I also had to answer a 'Mr & Mrs'-style quiz written by TOH on the topic of him. For every question I got wrong, I had to do a forfeit in the club downstairs.

After coffees, we did indeed head downstairs for dancing and naughtiness. And here I have to end the tale. What goes on tour, stays on tour, as they say.

Suffice to say, we all got home ok. Those that came back to mine earned an extra badge of honour by joining me in waking the neighbours up at 3am with loud music and forcing the fella to come and knock on our door in his dressing gown. He was NOT amused at all.

All in all, it was probably the best weekend since TOH proposed in the first place. We had so much fun. I can't believe how much trouble everyone went to as well - Jenny even consulted my chiropractor before booking the rollerblades to check it would be OK for my back!

I don't feel as if I could thank the girls enough. I really don't have the words because it is much more than thank you.

The whole weekend was so amazing and memorable - if I've still got me marbles by the time the grandchildren are old enough to hear about it, it'll definitely be something to tell them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home