A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, May 20, 2005

Test results

It was so long ago that I had the MRI scan on my back that I cannot remember when it was. Maybe this year? Or was it last?

Anyway, I finally got the results yesterday after making an official complaint to the hospital at the ridiculously lax treatment I have recieved.

Apparently, my back is showing nothing more than normal wear and tear for a girl of my age. The consultant was 'not at all worried' by what he saw. He reassured me that there was nothing wrong with me.

So why was I in so much pain? Why did I spend a day paralysed in a Portuguese hospital getting injections in the bum? Why do I still get lower back twinges?

He had absolutely no idea. He also seemed to have no recollection of meeting me before, even though his own notes were in my file. But he did had a good moan about working for the NHS.

Half way through the consultation another fella came in who is apparently some physio-tsar whose waiting list I am now on. He said he could give a through examination (which will be a first from the NHS in the years and years I have been complaining about my back) and maybe he can help.

In the mean time, I suppose I will just have to carry on with my chiropractor (magic hands that man, magic hands) and stretching etc. It has cost me thousands.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home