A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Good weekend

A big cycle ride to Oxford St yesterday to carry on with the 'gift list'. It's a very strange feeling going round a store looking for things you want, zapping them into a machine and hoping that some people, who you don't really want to buy you a present just because you are getting married, buy them for you. That said, we should have some pretty cool stuff if people are feeling generous!

Afterwards, while the rest of the nation was watching Arsenal steal the FA cup from Man USA, I (I am almost too embarassed to admit this) went to a beauty shop for a .... no. I can't say it. Let's put it this way, I am becoming a make up obsessive.

It's all down to the fact for the past 32 years, I have gone au natural pretty much everyday. Maybe because my mum was never into make up, I had no older sister to teach me about it, and I generally hung about with boys. Or, and this is probably more likely, I was basically too lazy to be bothered with it, especially since in the bigger picture, it really is a total irrelevance to human existance.

But now, well, I am getting quite sucked into the whole beauty regime thing. I have finally emerged as a swan from a rather prolonged ugly duckling stage!

Last night, we stayed in and watched the Eurovision Song Contest. Add that to the list of unexpected interests TOH has!

And today, I put some of my new kit into action for lunch in Putney with the Chief Usher and his girlfriend. We went to look at the wedding venue, and the pier (note to self: tie ribbons and balloons on the pier so people will see it and not just wander off down the hight street after a few glasses of bubbly!) and then stuffed our faces with tapas. Mmmmm, lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home