A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Monday, March 21, 2005

Shopping 'til I is dropping

A retail-based weekend, which pretty much knackered me out!

Saturday, TOH and I went into Covent Garden to get some more kit for Hadrian's Wall before meeting Alex and Antony-and-Caroline. It was such a beautiful day that after lunch we sat in St James's Park along with about 10,000 other Londoners and tourists.

Sunday, the final assault of Oxford St with both bridesmaids. And success! The dresses have been bought (to avoid any wedding day embarassment, ladies, please do not wear anything from this year's Monsoon which has flowers on it!). The next problem is shoes. After going into every shoe shop in Oxford St and New Oxford St, we were still shoeless.

Still, the dresses have been bought, in just three-and-a-half hours, and everyone is happy! Even TOH!

Oxford St was full of brides with their troops trying on every dress they could get their hands on. I felt like I was part of a plague of locusts, blowing across the fields of dresses and sparkly accessories, picking up bits and leaving chaos in our wake.

And all the staff in the shops were so incredibly rude. Debenhams and Dickens and Jones seemed to be staffed solely by sulky eastern Europeans.

Still the dresses have been bought, which is an enormous relief, and Kelly, Jenny and I had a lovely time being girly and gossipy over coffees and pannini.

(Tank Of Life update: One fish dead. A clown loach. Went all thin and floated on its side. Did I speak too soon?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home