A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, March 18, 2005

Dinner party

The thought of more TV hell sent me back to work where I continued to sniff, cough and sneeze but regained the will to live.

Plus, we were invited round to Penny and Patrick's for a grown up dinner party which brought back my mum's words echoing in my ears: If you're not well enough to go to school, then you're not well enough to go out.

I made a minor error, though, by driving over to Ladbrooke Grove (an hour-and-a-half sitting in the traffic) and forgetting to pay the congestion charge until after 10pm, when the price doubles to £10 instead of a fiver. The delay was because I didn't know my number plate when I rang in the afternoon, then I got pissed.

But dinner was lovley. And you can tell it was proper grown-up because we oohed and aaahed over baby pictures and were interested in their trendy Notting Hill baby accessories! Well, I was interested, not sure about TOH ...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home