A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, September 24, 2004

Son of a gun!

It was not the first time that I wished I still lived on my boat last night.

The mouldy old pub down the road from the marina has been transformed into a beautiful, sophisticated waterside drinking establishment, complete with ‘gastro-pub’ eatery.

Gone are the garish Axminster carpets and in are dark brown floorboards. Gone are the ripped leatherette bench seats and in are carved wooden pews and soft chairs.

The riverside terrace overlooks the Dome and there are plenty of outdoor heaters for winter drinking.

It’s the perfect place to take a date, meet friends or even read a book.

And, goddammit, it is too far from our flat to call it my local!

But luckily, it is tucked away in a remote corner of the Isle of Dogs so hopefully the braying London types will never find it.

Tonight, Tidy and I are fufilling the ambition of about ten months and joining the Critical Mass bike ride. Tomorrow it’s Greenpeace.

I am becoming Millie Tant!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home