A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, September 10, 2004

Homer: "I'm not handicapped. I'm just lazy."

I went to the factory gym this lunchtime for the first time in about six months.

This crazy behaviour was prompted by the fact I no longer fit into my Marge Simpson fancy-dress costume!

As if being a tubster wasn’t stressful enough, I now have the problem of what to wear to Jenny’s "film and TV characters" theme party.

So I hit the treadmill for half an hour (walking) and did some sit-ups.

To alleviate the boredom, I watched a crappy game show on Channel 5. If the adverts were anything to go by, the only other people watching it must have been clumsy spendthrifts – there were only ads for no-win no-fee accident claims firms and debt services.

I hate the gym. It really is dull as.

Maybe I should modify the Marge costume and go as her fat sisters Selma and Patty.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:01 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Spendthrifts – there were only ads for no-win no-fee accident claims firms and debt services"

    A pendant writes : A spendthrift (someone who hoards money) wouldn't need to borrow money to pay off debts.

     
  • At 12:19 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:37 pm, Blogger The WyeBird said…

    Dear A Pedant,

    Might I suggest you consult a dictionary before criticising my posts? The mini OED says: spendthrift n. wasteful spender

    You are only embarrassing yourself.

    The Wyebird.

     
  • At 12:35 am, Blogger chrome said…

    heh as I watch my belly take on a life of it's own I hate the gym more and more. even more cos it's like 5 mins away. boy they've got like 11 months of free 25 quid payments. lol. ok bedtime, but first 1000 press ups. as if...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home