A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Much ado in my office

Apologies for the gap in the blog – my work colleague is on holiday and I am sooooo busy!

On Tuesday night, we went to Shakespeare's Globe again. You really can't keep us out of the place.



This time we saw the all-woman production of Much Ado About Nothing, and despite what they said in the papers when it opened, it was brilliant.

The cast played the script for laughs but managed to draw a tear from my eye during the scene where Hero’s dad disowns her for being a tart (although she was falsely accused).

The girls playing boys were very convincing, especially Hero’s father Leonato (I am too lazy to look up her name) and Josie Lawrence, who was fantastic as Benedick (although from where I was sitting, her blonde moustache looked like cat’s whiskers and the passion between her/him and Beatrice was fairly unconvincing).

The show stealer was definitely the girl who played Dogberry (the constable).

If you fancy going to see it, you'd better hurry – it closes on Sept 25.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home