A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Saturday, April 09, 2005

We laughed like drains

Last night TOH, Steve and I went to see Perrier-nominated comedian Reginald D Hunter. And he was excellent.

His one-man show was a mix of stand-up and trying to start a conversation with the audience. His, as far as I am concerned, correct views on children, the Pope and Diana managed to offend some of the crowd - there was a collective gasp as he said 'fuck the Pope, I just don't give a shit'. He defended this by pointing out that a god who was capable of making the universe and everything in it would hardly be offended by anything he could say.

It is always hard to recreate the genuis of a comedian, if I could I guess I would be a highly-paid critic. But he is going to be at the imaginatively-called The Venue for the next six weeks so there may well be a return trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home