A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Suits you, sir

I was given access to a very strange world last night; that of the gentlemen's tailor.

The Other Half asked me to go with him to help him choose a fabric for a new suit, which he was ordering from a Hong Kong firm which visits London about three times a year. He has had a couple made before and they are very good.

I was to meet him in the Novotel by Fenchurch St station, where the tailors were. I imagined they would be in some sort of conference room but no, we took the lift to the seventh floor and entered a hotel room.

It all felt a bit weird, especially when I stepped inside and saw about five men standing about looking at fabrics with slightly guilty expressions on their faces, like it was all a bit effeminate, or something a bit shameful.

A couple of guys seemed to know what they wanted and were being measured up. Others were a bit overwhelmed by the intimacy, especially as they had been seen by a girl! And a girl in full lumious cycling kit too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home