A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, January 28, 2005

This is why I love him

TOH emailed me this:

"Just had a hilarious conversation with a crap salesman from Liverpool who rang us up.
He kept asking closed questions (those which illicit only a yes or no reply, eg: 'Can I have your email address?', 'Would you not be interested in a new phone system?'), instead of open ones (those which are designed to get a fuller answer) which is a real no-no in sales.

Him: Would I be able to send through information?
Me: Closed question
Him: What?
Me: You keep asking closed question. Ask an open one and you will get a fuller answer
Him: Okay 'I would like your number' Is that an open question?
Me: No. That's a statement
Him: Listen I'm not stupid. I have been to University.
Me: Have you now. Which one?
Him: Liverpool John Moores
Me: No. I'm not having that. That's a Poly not a University.
Him: Why does it matter?
Me: You're wasting your time and you're wasting mine. Give up."

That, and the fact he is fantastic in bed ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home