A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I'm spitting teeth (Posting rated 15 - contains strong language and scenes of violence)

Un-fucking-believable. I left the flat yesterday morning with two workmen in our bathroom, feeling like we were finally getting somewhere but when I returned what did I find?

The brown streaks are still visible through a very amateur paint job, silver nails are highly visible in the door frame where he has nailed it back onto the wall, big blobs of paint on the ceiling, not painted evenly around the ceiling lights, the shelf over the toilet cistern missing, gaps between the skirting board (which should of been replaced because ChemDry scored it with a Stanley knife) and the walls, paint on the wall light over the sink, oh, and so much more.

The chief moron, I mean painter and decorator - yes, the one who arrived last week without any paint and stank of smoke - was accompanied by a spotty teenager who looked as if he couldn't find his arse with both hands. The pair of them were giggling and pissing about in the bathroom, inspiring NO confidence in their work. To say the job has been done sloppily is an understatement.

A PAIR OF CHIMPS COULD HAVE DONE A BETTER JOB!

Four months we have been living on bare concrete in a crappy shit hole. Four months, through no fault of our own, we have been pissed about by insurance companies and the various agents of Satan they employ, none of whom have given the slightest impression they have any interest in restoring our flat to its former glory. They should be ashamed of themselves.

I feel we have been VERY patient so far but now I am FUCKING FURIOUS, excuse my French.

Sorry, but I am going to embarrass myself now by phoning the insurance company and screeching at them for a good 15 minutes. It may not be very professional but, my god it is going to be good therapy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home