A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Monday, February 21, 2005

I'm too old for this

It's a worry but I really do feel like I am too old for all this going out malarky!
Friday night I met TOH in Shoreditch for a couple of drinks with his work mates but lasted about two hours before I had to go and sit down in a restaurant and eat instead.

Saturday I went down to Bromley town to be a little bit naughty with one of the Greenpeacers. We wandered innocently around all the car parks of London's 'clean and green' borough ticketing all the 4x4s we could find. And we could find a lot of them as Bromley is the spiritual homeland of excess (nouveau riche, you see).

At one point, Roisin put a ticket on the car of a woman who was decanting her trolley into the boot (I was too scared to do it). The woman became rather angry and began following us but was too gutless to actually say anything to us. As we went through the carpark doors, I heard her pointedly rip up the ticket. I think she went to grass us up too because as we were leaving the carpark a man in a yellow jacket was walking determindly in our direction. Tee hee!

But, all that excitement wore me out for the evening. I was supposed to be meeting Jo et al in Soho but couldn't get myself out of my armchair. I was exhausted. Sorry guys! We just stayed in and watched Mike Bassett: England Manager instead.

Yesterday, we treated ourselves to another Ramsey lunch deal at Claridges. The food was exquisite again, but as we went with Lee and Katie we talked more and appreciated less. Still it is lovely in there. I can highly recommend it to anyone. £30 a head, can't go wrong.

After, we had a whizz down Bond Street. I saw those lovely shoes again which I want for my wedding. Still umming-and-arring over them though as they are most certainly not ivory. They are LOUD, to say the least.

We then went to Selfridges to get TOH a shirt but we came out with his wedding suit instead. Not with the suit in our hands though - it is going back to the designer to get altered. But we're getting there. The more organising done now, the less of a flap I will be in come July.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home