A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Monday, August 16, 2004

I, Wyebird

(Fish Body Count = 1)
After a couple of weeks where no-one died in the tank, I woke up to find my spotty shubunkin dead on the bottom. I have decided to add 'internal bacteria/parasite' medicine to the water to save the remaining three fish (which are my favourite ones!).

Olympics
So, the Olympics started with a bit of a whimper. Did you see the opening ceremony? Apart from desperately needing Terry Wogan to provide the commentary on the March of nations into the arena, Bjork being, well, Bjork, and that shit DJ, what was that runner circling the track while someone read out the dates and venues of previous Olympics and falling over to a very solemn and tearful 'World War One' and (oops) 'World War Two' all about?

Deary me. Was that supposed to be a fitting memorial to the millions who died in the wars? Better to follow Borat's example and ask for 10 minutes' silence.

And the Sunday Mirror's dramatic expose about security? I notice they don't do an undercover scoop on how easy it would be to drive a car-load of explosives into Canary Wharf - their HQ.

Why, just this morning I was waved into The Wharf by a security guard without even having telling him the secret password - 'I'm going to Waitrose'.

But despite the above moans, I am very much enjoying the Olympics. I love watching all those 'fringe' sports, as they were described by Radio 5 this morning!

I, Robot
Saw this film on Saturday. I actually quite liked it for it's good-natured humour, kinda plausible plot and gratuitous Will Smith-in-the-shower scene.



But why is every Hollywood fantasy about the future the same? While we have developed robot servants and automatic everything else, we still live in rotting tenements and get woken up by orange plastic 1970s buzzer alarm clocks.

A big well done to the producers for shamelessly shoe-horning in overly-blatant JVC, Converse and Audi 'product placements'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home