A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Stags and Elton John

I don't want to repeat what I heard about TOH's stag do other than it all sounded properly drunken, if not rather homo-erotic as the stripper managed to get him out of his clothes (which by that point seemed to consist of a red-and-yellow jester's outfit complete with bells) in a pub basement.

While he was recovering from his last night of freedom, I got up early and headed off to the Tower Of London in the searing sun and heatwave to do some Greenpeace campaigning.

It was so hot that Dan and Isabelle and I just stood by the river holding out leaflets and chatting and not really minding if people took the bumpf or not.

After a couple of hours, we headed off for lunch at a really very nice vegetarian cafe attached to Bethnal Green Buddhist Centre.

And then on to Canary Wharf for something quite extraordinary (TOH managed to pull himself together and come and meet us!). For more information about how we managed to put the wind up Land Rover click here.

In the evening, we drove over to Sunny Watford for the Elton John benefit gig in aid of the club's future.

It was pretty good stuff, if you like Elton John. Personally, I can take or leave his music but I did have a bit of a sing-a-long to I Guess That's Why They Call It The Blues.

For more click here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home