A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

God help us

So the good bergers of America have seen fit to re-elect that Christian fundamentalist Bush back into the president's chair. This act alone must prove there ain't no God.

More proof was given this week in harrowing tales such as that told in the film Finding Neverland and the book The Kite Runner. Not because they are bad but because they are tales of death and pain and war (well the Depp film isn't about war) and only mildly happy endings, ie just like real life.

That is too simplistic - there is hope too, and all the other emotions experienced by the living, it's just I get so caught up with the characters and get upset when they die, as if I knew them personally.

Actually, the book (a gift from Alex the girl) is brilliantly written and compulsive reading. I highly recommend it.

But among the heart-wrenching tales and the horror of the world's biggest busy-body superpower being run by a fanatical hypocrite, there was some good news - our broadband has been turned on at home!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 pm, Blogger Buster Stronghart said…

    don't blame me for bush. I voted the other way; and had I been able I would have voted hundreds of times for Kerry. But, I hope you saw the Van gogh's while in Amsterdam...

     
  • At 5:33 pm, Blogger The WyeBird said…

    Don't worry about it, mate. We understand that not all Americans voted for Bushy!

    We skipped the Van Gogh's this time (seen 'em before when I used to live in The Netherlands) but we did see this really cool piece of 'street art' in Amsterdam of Theo van Gogh - the relative who was murdered for making that film about a Muslim woman.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home