A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Thursday, October 21, 2004

Something for nothing

My arms and legs are literally shaking like a bowl of jelly on a washing machine!

We got a free yoga lesson at the factory today, and it was hard work. It's like working in Japan here. I hope they don't get us singing a work anthem in the mornings!

I haven't done any yoga for about five months and I could barely touch me knees, let alone my toes. But there I was balancing on one foot, twisting round and, nearly touching my ankles!

Last night, the Other Half and I went for some grub at the Real Greek Souvlaki, on South Bank, which was very tasty indeed, and then on to the Greenpeace meeting.



Speaking of Japan, in November, we were going to picket E$$O garages to pursuade people to buy their petrol elsewhere (E$$O donated cash to Bush to not sign the Kyoto agreement) but we have been diverted to Tesco - it has bought a Japanese supermarket chain which sells whale and dolphin meat, despite Tesco's own mission statement claiming it does not support this kind of thing. Tesco is also, by selling it, contributing to Japan's bid to restart commercial whaling.

We are going to be informing the public of this next month, if anyone wishes to come along and join in.

Also, this is the perfect excuse to opt out of helping Tesco earn its £2billion profits and shop at Waitrose!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home