A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, October 08, 2004

You simply must see it, darhlinks

Last night, the Other Half treated me to another trip to London’s theatreland!

He told me to meet in Covent Garden but didn’t tell me what we were going to see. As he steered me towards Russell St, I thought, were we going to see the Lion King?

No. Maybe The Producers?

No. We went to see The Woman In Black.



The Fortune Theatre is the smallest theatre I think I’ve ever been in, including The Bob Hope Theatre, in Eltham (where I trod the boards with the ‘talented’ Mr Law).

The set was fairly shabby but as the plot was revealed, I realised it was supposed to look like an empty theatre.

Without giving too much away, Mr Kipps approaches a young actor to help him tell his ghost story.

The actor decides they should turn it into a play and we, basically, are watching the rehearsals.

The actor takes on Mr Kipps role, and Mr Kipps then plays all the people he met in his story.

It was brilliant. The guy playing the old Mr Kipps slipped in and out of several roles so well. He was a fantastic actor. His performance has to be seen to be believed.

The guy playing the young actor/Mr Kipps was also superb.

And the special effects, which were actually rather simple, were astonishing.

The only downside (or was it an upside?) was the rest of the audience was a bunch of over-excited school children who screamed so loudly at the scary bits anyone would think they were being murdered in their seats.

Also it seemed everyone in there had a hacking cough. Winter is upon us, my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home