A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, August 27, 2004

Release your till skills

There was this great gadget in Surrey Quays (uber pikey shopping centre) Tesco today – a self-scan till!

What fun I had pretending to be a checkout girl, passing my Hob Nobs and cleaning cloths over the scanner while a dismembered voice said: “Seventy-nine … pence,” with an upward lilt, like an Australian.

And for those on a tight budget, I couldn’t see how they would know if you had scanned items properly or not before they disappeared into the carrier bag.

Films I’ve seen this week:

The Bourne Supremacy – a brilliant follow-up to The Bourne Conspiracy. Matt Damon is superb as poor old confused Jason. He is still as hard as f*ck with his oh-so-lovable soft centre. And there is the mother of all car chases through Moscow, which leaves the tunnel chase in I, Robot standing. Roll on The Bourne Ultimatum!

The Village – I don’t normally like scary films and went to see this reluctantly but I am so glad I did. Joaquin Pheonix is back on form (after that dreadful Buffalo Soldiers) acting his little socks off. It wasn’t really scary, more eerie and tense. The plot keeps twisting and turning although you could guess some of what is going to happen. And the way it has been filmed is beautiful to watch. If you liked Sixth Sense etc ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home