A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Pray for a little one

Believe it or not, I actually shed a tear for one of my fish this morning.

I was siphoning out one third of the water to pour in fresh (an activity recommended to be carried out weekly) when the little bugger was sucked into the tube and came out the other end.

Oh yes, you may laugh but the poor little thing got damaged on the way and his guts were hanging out his side. There's worse: he wasn't dead.

Obviously, I couldn't bring myself to kill him so I left him in a big bowl to die in the kitchen. Oh, it was so tragic. I felt terrible inflicting such a horrible death on such an innocent little thing.

And to make things worse, this came after I found my blue shubunkin floating dead on the surface for absolutely no apparent reason. He wasn't bloated, or covered in fungus or anything.


And to make things even worse another fish was floating around listlessly, looking for all the world like he'd be literally belly-up by the time I get home.

I'm not sure I can handle the emotional rollercoaster that is fish keeping.

Talking about aquatic disasters, my poor old Other Half has been diagnosed with a perforated ear drum after someone kicked him in the head in the swimming pool!

All this has rather overshadowed the excitement I felt earlier this morning when I secured myself a new car - a shiny black Ford Puma - in what is possibly the deal of the century. I pick it up tomorrow night.

1 Comments:

  • At 3:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Fish killer! - Pete

     

Post a Comment

<< Home