A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Planes, trains and motorcars

Planes
Why are they either not taking off, or dropping like stones from the skies over Greece and Venezuela

Trains
Let the train take the strain, that's what I say. I started looking at our route to Hong Kong via Russia, Mongolia and China for the Big Trip today. I am pleased to say that our feet will not leave the ground until we leave there. I HATE flying.

Jam jars
I am very please to report that Radio 5 is now being broadcast through the Blackwall Tunnel. This is progress. In the olden days, all you would get was an annoying hiss driving under the Thames but now, in crystal clear medium-wave, Radio 5. Live!

Hopeully this will be extended to the stinky Rotherhithe Tunnel where currently hiss is still the only option.

And talking about the RT - I was horrified to see a man running through there yesterday. What was he thinking of? The air inside is so thick with exhaust that sometimes you can't actually see more than ten metres ahead. His poor lungs.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Obviously I sympathise entirely with the poor people who are monumentally rich enough to fly British Airways and who were stranded for a few days at most, and obviously think that the 670 sacked people with little hope of finding any other work should just get on their bikes and fuck off.

    We truly are living in Thatchers Britain. It makes me go quite frankly fucking mad when I see all this ranting about how "great" conditions are at BA/Gate Gourmet. If it's really that great with thier "outdated, rigid working practices", then why don't the people complaining about the strike all go and get a job there in place of these "lazy strikers".

    Suddenly it's not all that appealing for the bastards in the Daily Mail etc... who are doing the ranting.

    I'm sorry, but this "blaming the worker" thing really fucking annoys me intensely. The boss of Gate Gourmet had a birthday party which cost £6,500,000 three years ago, yet now he says he can't afford to run the company. Why in gods name is nobody blaming him?

    Lozza

     
  • At 8:53 am, Blogger The WyeBird said…

    Alright Lozza!

    Still fighting the good fight, I hope. Up the workers!
    Are you in Manchester now representing scumbag journalists?

    Lets catch up next time you're daaahn saaaaf.

    x x

     
  • At 9:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's right :>

    Loving it in Manchester being propped up by all the journalists - so make sure you pay your subs Wyebird!!!!

    Moving to Warrington next week...bird has got a job in Liverpool, so we're living in the middle.

    I'm going to be at la Keevins' BBQ, will you be there?

    Lozza

     
  • At 9:06 am, Blogger The WyeBird said…

    What BBQ? I've not been invited!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home