A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Monday, June 27, 2005

Viva Barcelona!

OK - I am extremely knackered now. On Friday, Jenny and I flew out to Barcelona for a lazy weekend with Cezza. We went on Ryan Air, and you know, with a book of Soduku and my iPod, it was a relatively pleasant flight. Even Stansted was queue-free and no hassle! Maybe it pays to go during the day when most people are at work?

Anyway, we arrive in Reus safely, hop on a bus and get to Barcelona about 10pm. After dumping the bags we headed out into the warm evening for some drinking and talking 'til about 3am.

Barcelona is exactly how I remember Lisbon! I've been to Barcelona before but for some reason I was thinking Lisbon most of the time …

Anyway, Cez and Simon's flat is in the heart of the old town - all atmospheric alleyways and flower-festooned balconies.

On Saturday, we took the train to the beach and laid about in the sun and enjoyed the sea. By the time we got back to the flat, it was about 9 o'clock but it felt so much earlier. Where did the time go?

We met Simon in a bar just round the corner and headed off to a proper locals' cava bar for tapas and cava. Then we wandered about the streets, dipping into little bars, before heading back to the flat for a 'music off' which I think I won by playing Boy With The Arab Strap.

It was great to go there and just potter about rather than rush through the heat trying to get to see the sights. I don't think we saw a single one, except for a Goudi house, or two, as we walked to the Metro.

But it was perfect as I had seen most of the big ones last time I was there. And to be honest, it was so nice to hang about talking to old friends that there was nothing else I wanted to do.

The flight home was spot on too - only marred by having to wait for Ceri's baggage at the carousel as she is moving back and persuaded Jen and me to bring home two bags of stuff for her! We were fairly ungracious about bringing it as we prefer to 'carry on' and just go home as soon as the plane lands. But it was OK and we got home at about midnight - just in time for Jenny to get a cab on to Streatham.

Today I think that food and sleep deprivation is getting to me. I feel sooo tired and depleted of vitamins!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home