A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The mighty, mighty Bellenator

(FLAT UPDATE: The fella from Rainbow - the company in charge of deciding how stained our carpets are - had the cheek to tell me, in my own house, that the claim was being delayed because I hadn't phoned the insurance company immediately after he came to clean them two weeks ago. How f*ing dare he! I filled out forms, spoke to the idiots at the claims dept, spoke to a man from Allied carpets and suddenly it's MY fault? I don't think so. I had to go and stand in the kitchen and let TOH deal with the f*er)

Christmas season has been officially opened - with trays of garlic bread, duck spring rolls, breaded mushrooms, and of course mince pie.

It was bring a bauble at Bellen's last night - yes, a Tuesday, and a school night to boot.

But anyone who's anyone was there (Bridget, Sara, what was your excuse?) carefully dangling their ornaments on the tree and quaffing back the mulled wine.

I confess mine (a The Office bauble) was liberated from the office - from the top of my computer, in fact, but everyone else made lots of effort finding cutsie thingamybobs for the tree.

However, I did remember Christmas cards for the first time in living memory. Apart from Jo's, which was not in my bag. And today I discovered, not on my desk. F* knows where that went. Sorry Jo, but the thought was there!

This is proper funny: Rainbow clip

1 Comments:

  • At 6:51 pm, Blogger The WyeBird said…

    But I DID write it! I think I left it in the canteen. I mean I must have done, as that's where I wrote them ... honestly Jo. I did! To the Joanne-ator, get yourself blade fit for spring (or something like that!) and remember, there is always Edinburgh at New Year, if you still want it! Merry Christmas, love etc x x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home