A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Fully tooled up - with blades

After literally days of deliberating I have finally bought some rollerblades.

Actually that should be Rollerblades, big R, as I went for the brand which invented the whole thing.

I decided to go to chav central Decathlon, as it is the nearest sports shop to work, and they were discounted by £40.

But, and I say this everytime I go in there, I am never shopping there again!

The staff are so incredibly French, it is unreal. When I asked the skates guy to retrieve the pair I had put aside yesterday he refused, 'as zis ozzer pair are ze zame, no?'

No. They are not the same. The ones I found yesterday were in better condition, had not been tried on by all the pikeys in SE London and still had the factory safety tab on.



Three other assistants refused to find the other pair. I should have walked out, but I wanted my skates and was getting fed up looking.

I tried on the last pair of fives. All assistants disappeared. I had questions.

Eventually another bloke arrived (possibly German) who seemed to know what he was talking about.

So after an hour of being told 'what you need a box for, eh? zere is nussing to know about ze skates, non?' and that 'ze instructions are rweally, you know ...' - 'No!, I don't know! I know nothing about any of it. I want some sort of instructions!' - I parted with the cash and walked out with my new blades, in a plastic carrier bag.

So, whose up for some Citiskate action?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home