A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Friday, November 19, 2004

I love Fridays

Early start this morning, shifting the rest of the crap out of the bedroom so 'Danny from Rainbow' could come and clean the carpet. I wanted new flooring, but the insurance company was (un)surprisingly reluctant to cough up for it. But considering all the hassle it has been, it's probably better this way.

Dealing with insurance contractors means dealing with utter pedantic jobsworth. The one who left all the drying equipment, after nearly losing his voice insisting we take care not to fall over the 20cm wire laid right next to the wall and not anywhere where our feet would fall, not even by accident, proceeded to tell me to 'wrap up warm, it's a bit nippy outside'. Pratt.

So, the flat has descended to further depths of junkyard-dom. Everything we own is crammed into the hallway and spare room. Apart from our double mattress, duvets, pillows etc, which are choking up the living room. Oh to live in 'trendy' Docklands, eh?

The highlight of the day so far was getting my spine clicked back into line by Dr Joel, my chiropracter. The man is a genius when it comes to paralysingly-crooked backbones.

All the better to put on my glad rags and head into London Town tonight for glamorous drinkies with Jenny. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home