A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Perfect housewife

Actually it is quite hard to be the perfect housewife. While I don't miss working in an office, it is tricky motivating oneself to do domestic chores when there is no real deadline, except for getting ready for the next session of feeding Baby M. Likewise, it is virtually impossible to make lunch, or even have a shower. Luckily, TOH never comes home and asks 'what have you been doing all day' or thinks mumming is all about coffee mornings.

Anyway, I managed to find time to do a spot of carpentry and build a step in the nursery (there is a door between it and our bedroom which, once the wall was opened up, is about half a metre higher!), clear out the old carpet and underlay and make a cup of tea for the carpet fitter to lay down new flooring. Two months after he was born, Baby M finally has a nursery he can go in!

So, once I've hoovered, dusted, washed the floors, done the washing, finished weeding the front garden (ready for my grand plan of planting a knot garden, seeing as we do live in a castle), I might be able to finally clean my teeth and organise that coffee morning with the rest of the mums for Friday!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home