A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Panic in the streets of Poplar

I'm not sleeping - every night about 4am, I wake up panicking about the boat and getting my dad ready to move.

I am renting out the Ganges and I have much to do to get it ready for the new guys. And my dad's house - there is 30 years of acculmulated shite to shift through. Aaarggh.

But by way of relaxing, TOH and I went to see Kinky Boots last night. It was a top film. Chiwetel Ejiofor was absolutely fantastic in it. His performance alone lifted it from being a painfully obvious, mediocre British film to something quite special in its own little way.

It's good to see a local boy done good. He grew up in Forest Gate, just down the road to us!

This morning, we went to Nikki the photographer and finally sorted out how we are going to display our wedding photos! Just three months after the event. And even then we won't be printing them off until we get back from the big trip ...

And then to dad's via Sainsbury's to carry on going through his gear. Luckily, my brother Jason had been there and ruthlessly thrown most of it away so there probably isn't that much left to do. I just have to be ruthless with my childhood stuff and ditch it all. But it is hard because I am too sentimental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home