A bird's eye view

Life from where I see it

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Celeb spotting

While TOH was watching footy in Cardiff, I took the opportunity to visit my dad and Paddy in Brighton. They are not together, or anything. In fact dad is in Shoreham and Paddy in Kemp Town. And they don't even know each other.

I decided to cycle to London Bridge and take the train down as the Shoreham Air Fair was on and it was foretold that parking would be impossible.

So I braved the horrors of London Bridge and it's two ticket machines for thousands of people and eventually got down to Shoreham.

I must say it is rather lovely there. A quaint little town and quiet beach with pebbles. The sea air tasted delicously salty to my city lungs and the sun was shining.

Dad seemed in good spirits despite the purple cast on his broken foot. But when you are living by the sea, every day must feel like a holiday!

There was a decided lack of aerobatics at the air fair. And punters - there was plenty of space on the roads.

In the afternoon I made a killer ride into the strong easterly wind to Hove. Paddy and I sat on the beach talking and playing backgammon, which I ruled after Pads admitted he'd been using loaded dice!

The sun was still beating down and I managed to get a glow on my shoulders.

We saw Patsy Palmer in the sea looking very ordinary in a black bikini and some bloke of Big Brother melting in a furry parker jacket promoting Smirnoff vodka.

Cycling home was also very hard work but very satisfying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home